On 11, July, 2017, the amendment to EU RoHS exemptions got supports from the members of the European Parliament’s Environment Committee (Envi). This amendment includes permitting secondary market operations of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) and spare parts beyond a 2019 deadline.
At the suggestion of Envi, the amendment of EU RoHS Directive addresses:
- Secondary market operations for RoHS 2 EEE which fell outside the scope of RoHS 1;
- Spare parts for those products;
- Traction-drive cord-connected non-road mobile machinery;
- Pipe organs containing lead.
Before the support from Envi, the parliament and the Council reached a provisional agreement that secondary market operations for EEE shall be ensured. About next step, the text will be put to a vote by the full House during the 2-5 October plenary session in Strasbourg.
C&K Testing reminds, companies would check the substances of own products referring to the exemption, which could reduce the cost of compliance. More information for EU RoHS Directive.
1. EU RoHS updates the exemptions - C&K Testing reported in July 2017
|Our Services: Electrical and Electronic Equipment Testing