Recently, the State Administration of Market Regulation organized and carried out national supervision and spot checks on the quality of 4 food-related products, including daily ceramics and tableware. The spot check is now notified as follows:
1. Basic information
- Random inspection overview
The products under spot check are 4 kinds of products including daily ceramic tableware, food contact glassware, industrial and commercial electric food processing equipment, and composite film bags. A total of 379 batches of products produced by 379 enterprises (not involving export products) were randomly checked. 379 batches of products produced by 379 enterprises were inspected, and 17 batches of products were found to be unqualified, the unqualified discovery rate was 4.5%.
- Refusal of inspection
In this spot check, no refusal was found.
- Main methods
One is to adopt a "double random" approach. After the selection of sampling inspection institutions by public bidding, the "double random" information system is used to randomly determine the random inspection enterprises and randomly match the sampling inspection institutions. The second is to implement sampling separation. In addition to on-site inspections, product sampling and inspection are carried out by different institutions or personnel. The third is to remotely monitor the entire sampling process to provide traceability evidence.
2. Analysis of random inspection results
- Daily ceramic tableware
We randomly inspected 24 batches of daily-use ceramic tableware products produced by 24 enterprises in 3 provinces. Five items including thermal shock resistance (thermal stability), lead migration, cadmium migration, microwave oven adaptability (requirements for safe use of microwave ovens), and refrigerator to microwave oven adaptability were tested. No substandard products were found in this spot check.
- Food contact glassware.
75 batches of food contact glassware products produced by 75 enterprises in 9 provinces (municipalities) were randomly checked. 7 items were tested, including thermal shock resistance (heat shock resistance temperature), internal stress, 98°C water resistance (glass particles water resistance, water resistance), lead (Pb) migration, cadmium (Cd) migration, edge lead (Pb) migration and edge cadmium (Cd) migration, etc. No substandard products were found in this spot check.
- Industrial and commercial electric food processing equipment
40 batches of industrial and commercial electric food processing equipment products produced by 40 enterprises in 6 provinces (municipalities) were randomly checked, of which 16 batches were unqualified, and the unqualified discovery rate was 40.0%. 25 items were tested, including stainless steel physical and chemical indicators -arsenic, stainless steel physical and chemical indicators-cadmium, stainless steel physical and chemical indicators-lead, stainless steel physical and chemical indicators-nickel, stainless steel physical and chemical indicators-chromium, other metal physical and chemical indicators-arsenic, other metal physical and chemical indicators-cadmium, other metal physical and chemical indicators –Lead, etc.
- Composite film bag
A random inspection of 240 batches of composite film bag products produced by 240 enterprises in 19 provinces (regions, cities) was conducted. One batch of products was unqualified, and the unqualified discovery rate was 0.4%. 13 items were tested, including sensory indicators, evaporation residue (total migration), potassium permanganate consumption, heavy metals (calculated as Pb), total solvent residues, benzene solvent residues, toluene diamine (4% acetic acid), specific migration of Ortho Benzene plasticizer, total number of microorganisms, pathogenic bacteria, barrier performance (oxygen), barrier performance (water vapor), heat seal strength. The unqualified item is the total amount of residual solvent.
3. Follow up spot check results
Among the products in this spot check, 5 enterprises were found to be unqualified in the last spot check in the production field, 1 enterprise still failed this spot check, and 4 enterprises passed this spot check.
4. Job requirements
In response to the problems found in this national inspection of food-related product quality, the market supervision bureaus (departments and committees) of all provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities and Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps shall comply with the "Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China" and "Product Quality Law of the People's Republic of China" and "Interim Measures for the Administration of Product Quality Supervision and Spot Check" and other regulations, guiding the municipal and county-level market supervision departments to handle the results of supervision and spot checks.
(1) Local governments and relevant departments shall be notified of the unqualified products in this random inspection, and effective measures shall be taken to urge enterprises to implement the main responsibility for product quality and safety in accordance with the law, and guide enterprises to organize production in strict accordance with standards and maintain product quality and safety.
(2) For products with a high rate of unqualified detection in this random inspection, such as industrial and commercial electric food processing equipment, follow-up supervision and inspection must be strengthened.
(3) The production enterprises that have found problems in this spot check, especially those that fail the continuous spot check, shall be severely dealt with in accordance with the law.
(4) For the unqualified products in this spot check, the producers and operators shall be supervised in accordance with the law to take measures such as removing the shelves and destroying them. Encourage the traceability of unqualified products, and promote the realization of traceability of the flow and risk management of unqualified products through production records, request for certificates, and spot check results.
(5) For the product problems exposed in this spot check, it is necessary to organize relevant industry organizations and technical institutions to hold product quality analysis meetings and other methods, actively help enterprises find the reasons, propose improvement measures and solutions, and promote the continuous improvement of industry quality.
If you would like to know more details about Chinese food contact materials regulations, please contact us at email@example.com.