28 December 2017, Vietnam's Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) has published a circular No 32/2017/TT-BCT updating the implementation rules of the country’s law on chemicals (2007) as set out in Decree No 113/2017/ND-CP, taking effect immediately.
The main updates are as follows:
1. guidance on compiling chemical safety data sheets
2. 19 forms for use in implementing the law.
3. setting out plans and measures for industrial chemical incident response;
4. the classification and labelling of chemicals
5. the declaration of imported chemicals.
6. transitional provisions, including: previously approved chemical incident plans can still apply; chemicals already classified or labelled for the market can circulate until their expiry date.
In addition, permits and certificates approved by the competent agencies prior to the promulgation of the decree shall apply until the expiry of the period of validity.Companies using industrial chemicals must provide supplementary certificates and permits before 28 June 2018, subject to conditions or restrictions on production and trading under the new Decree.
C&K Testing reminds enterprises to pay attention to related revised chemical laws in Vietnam and strengthen the professional testing agencies to prevent the subsequent risk.