12 June 2019，the Official Journal of European Union released the Directive (EU) 2019/957, amending the Annex XVII to REACH regulation as regards (3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-tridecafluorooctyl) silanetriol and TDFAs. This directive shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States, and it shall take effect on 1 July 2019.
Annex XVII to REACH regulation is amended as follows:
Any of its mono-, di- or tri-O-(alkyl) derivatives (TDFAs)
1. Shall not be placed on the market for supply to the general public after 2 January 2021 individually or in any combination, in a concentration equal to or greater than 2 ppb by weight of the mixtures containing organic solvents, in spray products.
2. For the purpose of this entry, "spray products" means aerosol dispensers, pump sprays, trigger sprays, marketed for proofing or impregnation spray applications.
3. Without prejudice to the implementation of other Union provisions concerning the classification, packaging and labelling of substances and mixtures, the packaging of spray products containing (3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-tridecafluorooctyl) silanetriol and/or TDFAs combined with organic solvents as referred to in paragraph 1 and placed on the market for professional use shall be marked clearly and indelibly: "for professional users only" and "Fatal if inhaled" with the pictogram GHS06.
4. Section 2.3 of Safety Data Sheets shall contain the following information: "mixtures of (3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-tridecafluorooctyl) silanetriol and/or any of its mono-, di- or tri-O-(alkyl) derivatives in a concentration equal to or greater than 2 ppb and organic solvents in spray products, are for professional users only and marked 'Fatal if inhaled'".
5. Organic solvents referred to in paragraph 1, 3, and 4 include organic solvents used as aerosol propellants.